Friday 20 September 2013

Madd Style Cosmetics - Subscription Box (August '13)

Recently Mo from Madd Style Cosmetics announced that she would be releasing a monthly subscription service. I've loved all the Madd Style Cosmetics products I've received so I thought I'd join in on the fun! This is my parcel for August:
Madd Style Cosmetics MSC Subscription Box
Love the confetti!!! I received two full size eyeshadows in 'Bluegrass' and 'Smoke Bomb', two deluxe samples in 'Cruisin' for a Bruisin' and 'Ever After' and a small perfume oil 'Blue Lagoon'. Also included was a coupon for $5 off my next order, which I plan on using for the Pumpkin King Grab Bag!

Madd Style Cosmetics MSC Bluegrass
Madd Style Cosmetics MSC Bluegrass Swatch
Bluegrass: This is a grassy green and has a slight blue sheen - really hard to photograph!


Madd Style Cosmetics MSC Smoke Bomb Swatch
Smoke Bomb: a semi-sheer cream color from the 'Apocalypse Survival Kit'


Madd Style Cosmetics MSC Ever After Swatch
Ever After: 'a light purple color with satin finish'

Madd Style Cosmetics MSC Cruisin for a Bruisin Swatch
Cruisin' for a Bruisin': 'a pressure-sensitive brown with a shifting purple duo-chrome'

I'm really happy with the bag, as you can see the deluxe samples are very generous - I tipped them into jars for ease of use and I estimate they're at least 1/4 teaspoon. 

My faves from the bag were actually the two samples. Ever After is a delicate and pretty purple, and Cruisin' for a Bruisin' really surprised me - I was quite 'meh' about it in the bag, but as soon as I started swatching I was blown away by those purple/blue sparkles and the dimension they added to the shadow.

Bluegrass is definitely an interesting green, I'm generally a fan of anything with a contrasting sheen so I can see myself getting some use out of this one. Smoke Bomb will make a great highlight shade, and its fun getting something thats no longer available.

The perfume oil did leak a little, but not too badly. To be honest its not really my kind of smell, but thats just my taste - my husband loved it! I don't think it will be hard to find it a new home :)

I think the subscription is a great chance to get colors you wouldn't normally pick for yourself, as well as something thats exclusive. Who doesn't love a surprise?? I'm looking forward to seeing what is in next months box!

You can visit Madd Style Cosmetics on Facebook here, buy awesome products here, and subscribe to her monthly boxes here. The cost is $12 if you're within the United States, or $16 internationally. I live in New Zealand and transit time was only about 1.5 weeks.

Thanks for viewing my post! :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment