Sunday 15 September 2013

Innocent + Twisted Alchemy 'Just Another Day' Collection - Swatches & Review

This post has been a long time coming! I placed my first order with Innocent + Twisted Alchemy a few months ago, received it quickly and loved everything. I don't know why its taken me so long to swatch, but its given me a good chance to trial the products properly.

There was a 40% off sale happening at the time so I ordered full sets of the Endless Rain Collection and also the Just Another Day Collection.  I received Arie .i. (full size!) and two blush samples for free. Before you ask, yes this was probably the most fun parcel I've ever received!

Innocent + Twisted Alchemy Haul Endless Rain
Innocent + Twisted Alchemy Haul Just Another Day
*squee* Just look at the gorgeous jar illustrations... and the handwritten invoice... and the cute little owl bag... and the amazing business card.. and the ingredients listings... I could go on and on seriously. I really appreciate the time she has put into presentation, and the fact that she handwrites her invoices - just adds that personal touch that I really love. And loook, she thinks its awesome that I'm from NZ! *has a fangirl moment*


ANYWAY!
Kristen over at Indie Know has already done some fantastic swatches of the Endless Rain Collection (possibly the most perfect full collection ever!) so for this post I've swatched the Just Another Day collection. I don't normally gravitate towards these types of colors but I thought grabbing this set would be a great way to add some variety to my collection. I'm glad I did, because these shades are beautiful and really versatile.

Innocent + Twisted Alchemy Swatch Draugr
Innocent + Twisted Alchemy Swatch Draugr
Draugr: "a dirty white with a dirty green undertone"



Innocent + Twisted Alchemy Swatch Flesh Hungry
Innocent + Twisted Alchemy Swatch Flesh Hungry
Flesh Hungry: "purple with a blue sheen and sparkles"

Innocent + Twisted Alchemy Swatch Viral Infection
Innocent + Twisted Alchemy Swatch Viral Infection
Viral Infection: "a green with a blue undertone and has a golden duochrome and shimmer and has red sparkles"



Innocent + Twisted Alchemy Swatch Contaminated Wastelands
Innocent + Twisted Alchemy Swatch Contaminated Wastelands
Contaminated Wastelands: "a silvery-brown with a slight green sheen and shimmers."



Innocent + Twisted Alchemy Swatch Living Hope
Innocent + Twisted Alchemy Swatch Living Hope
Living Hope: "a tan with green shimmers"



Innocent + Twisted Alchemy Swatch Corpse Door
Innocent + Twisted Alchemy Swatch Corpse Door
Corpse Door: "a light dusty blue with a purple sheen"



All of the swatches are over pixie epoxy. These shades are pigmented and sparkly! I've worn them quite a bit since I received them and I find they hold up well over the 8-10 hours I normally have makeup on for, with no noticeable fading. I love them, and can't wait to make another purchase from I+T Alchemy - I've been eyeing up the Life is a Game and Lovely Tomie collections.

Linda, the owner of Innocent + Twisted Alchemy is fantastic - she keeps up a great amount of contact with her customers and keeps us informed on whats happening with new collections etc. If you have a question for her (or want to add to your order because you can't resist more awesome like me) you can expect a prompt and friendly reply.

Linda is hoping to release a new collection (The Lunar Sacrifice Collection) and Monthly Subscriptions in October.

You can follow Innocent + Twisted Alchemy on Facebook, and purchase her products at the I+T Storenvy. Full sizes and Sample clamshells (packed FULL) are available and she ships worldwide.

Thanks for viewing my post, hope it was helpful! :)xx

No comments:

Post a Comment