Friday 25 October 2013

Notoriously Morbid 'Gallows Hill' Collection (Plus a few extras!) - Swatches & Review

Hey guys! I have some more Notoriously Morbid swatches to share with you from the recent 'Gallows Hill' collection! This is going to be a permanent collection in the NM lineup. I also have some blush swatches from the 'Rippers Rouge' blush collection. You can view the rest of the blushes in the set here :)

I ordered one full size in 'Cry Innocent' and the rest in sample sizes but I'm definitely going to have to go back for some more full sizes! Honestly, keep reading ... you'll see why :P
Notoriously Morbid Gallows Hill
Eeee! Look at that label <3 What is it about trees that I find so spooky and appealing? No clue! But I do, so lets accept that and move on :P
Notoriously Morbid Speak to the Devil
Notoriously Morbid Speak to the Devil
Speak to the Devil: 'A brown based golden olive with a green highlight.'
That description is spot on, I dont even know what else to say... just enlarge the picture and drool. 

Notoriously Morbid Cry Innocent
Notoriously Morbid Cry Innocent
Cry Innocent: A deceptive purple that flashes blue.
This may be my favorite shade from Notoriously Morbid yet... and if you're a regular reader of my blog then you know thats quite a claim! Purples are always my favourite, and I don't own another purple like this. The shade is beautiful and application is smooth and pigmented.

Notoriously Morbid More Weight
Notoriously Morbid More Weight
More Weight: A brown based metallic silver.
There is much more to this one that I was expecting! As you can see from the pic it has a greenish tinge to it. I'm really liking it :)

Notoriously Morbid Gallows Hill Swatch

Notoriously Morbid I Am Afflicted
Notoriously Morbid I Am Afflicted
I Am Afflicted: A metallic rusty red with a dark brown base.
This has a beautiful metallic red glow to it that just did not want to show up in pictures, but its there, and its gorgeous!

Notoriously Morbid No More a Witch
Notoriously Morbid No More a Witch
No More A Witch: A very dark brown based metallic green.
Runner-up for my fave in the collection. Another glowy shade, love it.

Notoriously Morbid Gallows Hill Swatches

Bonus swatches from other collections!
These are swatches from various other Notoriously Morbid collections that haven't made it into a post yet so I thought I would include them here :)
Notoriously Morbid Andorian Swatch
Notoriously Morbid Andorian Swatch
Andorian: A shiny green with an icy duochrome.
This one needs to be seen in person to appreciate - the duochrome is stronger than it shows here.

Notoriously Morbid Crimson Horror Swatch
Notoriously Morbid Crimson Horror Swatch
Crimson Horror: A gorgeous deep red with a hint of metallic and a little sparkle that is sure to get you noticed!
Ok, I admit that I only bought this shade because its part of the Dr. Who collection - I was not prepared for my reaction when I started applying it. This is a family blog so I won't repeat what came out of my mouth lol, instead I will just say that if you like red eyeshadow, buy this one. Oh and FYI - it pairs up beautifully with Phoenix Flame! I know I've said that Cry Innocent is my favourite NM shade, but it definitely has some strong competition here.

Notoriously Morbid 13 Black Rainbows Swatch
Notoriously Morbid 13 Black Rainbows Swatch
13 Black Rainbows: A black matte with a crap load of rainbow glitter.
I have to agree with that description! So much more colorful than it appears here, my camera just couldn't handle the awesome... *hangs head in shame*

Notoriously Morbid Mary Jane's Demise Swatch
Notoriously Morbid Mary Jane's Demise Swatch
Notoriously Morbid Mary Jane's Demise Swatch
Mary Jane's Demise: A raisin red shimmer.
For me this is the perfect red - a red for people that are scared to wear red! It gives me a natural looking flush rather than the 'just slapped' look I get from most red blushes. I love this one and I've already used it a lot. It blends out well and has just the right amount of shimmer.


Notoriously Morbid Catherine's Woe Swatch
Notoriously Morbid Catherine's Woe Swatch
Notoriously Morbid Catherine's Woe Swatch
Catherine's Woe: An Intense Burnt Orange Matte. (pic shows a sample tipped into a 3g jar)
This shade packs a punch!! A little goes a long way with this one - 'intense' describes it perfectly :D

Notoriously Morbid Elizabeth's Burden Swatch
Notoriously Morbid Elizabeth's Burden Swatch
Elizabeth's Burden: A Lovely Golden Tan Highlight
I seem to have lost my shade pic of this one! However just imagine the same thing, less sparkle and you've got it :P This is so incredibly beautiful, that gold shimmer is amazing. It makes me think of Galadriel from Lord of the Rings lol... I can't help it, just does! I'm so glad I bought this.


So there you have it, another Notoriously Morbid rave-fest. There is just nothing negative to be said about this company! Customer service is always fast and friendly, the products are high quality and the color range is extensive. Gallows Hill is my favourite collection from them so far - its so unique and I love the idea of them all having a brown base. I'm quite smitten with Notoriously Morbid, and if you haven't given them a go yet, I highly recommend you try out a few samples - just be prepared to go back and grab the full sizes :) You can shop on Storenvy here, Etsy here, and follow on Facebook to keep up with releases and sales here.

Thanks for getting this far! I hope you enjoyed the post xx

10 comments:

  1. I need Cry Innocent, I Am Afflicted, and Elizabeth's Burden. Yep. This post makes me want to swatch my new pretties but then there will be pretty sparkles EVERYWHERE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Estelle! You're enabling me! >_< Good thing these are part of their permanent collection so I can hold back on buying for awhile. Cry Innocent, Andorian, Crimson Horror, Mary Jane's Demise, and Elizabeth's Burden need to be mine! Great swatches though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jolie! :) Lol I'm sorry (well kinda not really)! They are gorgeous and you neeeed them :P Did you receive your coffin yet? :P Mines on its way to me but will probably be at least a week away. Loving your blog! Although I'm a little sad I can't get an ipsy bag here lol. :P

      Delete
    2. I haven't gotten my coffin yet but it should be getting to my fiance's place tomorrow (which means I will get it Monday). Just wondering, remember how you said there were only 2 left? My order went through so I'm wondering if I just got lucky or if NM is selling it without the coffin containers anymore :( I'll be really disappointed since I bought it mainly for the packaging! Also, are the sample sizes big? I'm wondering what size to order when I do order later haha. I'm afraid that the full sizes will be way too big!

      You don't get Ipsy in your area? I thought they did international shipping! That's horrible :( I mean, you're not missing out on TOO much if you want the products themselves, since indie companies seem to have better stuff. I just like getting the bags and looking at the sneak peeks online haha!

      Delete
    3. She only sold the coffin set in the coffin packaging so you got one of the lucky last! :) The sample sizes are about the same size as Shiro samples if you've had any of those which is around 1/4 teaspoon I think. The full sizes will definitely last you a while :)
      Ipsy does international shipping?! *runs off to investigate*

      Delete
    4. That's great! Yay, I was so worried since there was a time gap between her saying there were only 2 left and me ordering it! I will probably start out with samples first since I never use up my sample sizes of anything :O

      And I just checked, Ipsy doesn't do international shipping yet. Sorry for the false hope :(( I thought since they had grown quite a bit that they'd actually try to reach out to more customers boooo.

      Delete
  3. LOL love the description for red blush - the 'just slapped' look :) I've been thoroughly reading and re-reading all your Notoriously Morbid posts for their 31% off Halloween sale, I haven't tried them before but I've heard really good things about them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're enjoying them :D I'm excited at the moment because my coffin set should arrive today! I see there is a jar of Lugosi up on the shop, I think she was only listing one or two - if u like red eyeshadows you should grab that one :) I can't recommend NM highly enough and its such a great sale today :) Have fun choosing xx

      Delete
    2. Would you believe I already have too many red eyeshadows haha! I have Razzleberry from MakeupGeek, a couple from Meow whose names I don't remember and one from Stila. I grabbed Mary Jane's Demise blush, Terrified Mint Tango and a bunch of eyeshadows, I can't wait to receive them!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous swatches! Are they wet over a base and NYX?

    ReplyDelete