Wednesday 21 August 2013

Notoriously Morbid - Swatches & Review

I'm really excited about todays blog post because I get to share my review of a relatively new brand - Notoriously Morbid (love the name by the way!). I've heard them mentioned a few times recently in the indie makeup world so I headed to their website to have a look. I was immediately drawn in by the pic above.. ahh I mean it has BATS! Who doesn't like bats? And FANGS - love it! Seriously, its like this brand was made for me! 
Anyway.. then I started looking through the collections and colors - there is a great variety and a lot of the shades looked quite unique. I decided to place an order for a blogger pack which includes one full jar and five baggie samples. The shades are random but I left a note asking if I could have Morgana as my jar since I love purples. This is what I received:
Notoriously Morbid
I love it when I get personalised notes like this! This is one of the reasons I buy from small companies, its obvious that time and thought was put into my order.  I even got purple tissue paper <3 The owner of Notoriously Morbid seems like such a lovely person too, I emailed a few times with shipping related questions and got a super polite reply almost immediately.
Notoriously Morbid
I didnt just get five samples, but SEVEN! Look at those colors! I was so excited when I saw this - I took one look and ran off to get swatching supplies.
Notoriously Morbid Morgana
I got my jar of Morgana! And its just as amazing as I had imagined.. *drool*. If you like purple you really need to check this shade out.  Onto the swatches! All are over pixie epoxy and I've used the descriptions from Notoriously Morbids' store because I dont think I could describe them better!
Notoriously Morbid Morgana
Morgana (Sun)
Notoriously Morbid Morgana
Morgana (Shade)
Morgana: "A beautiful purple that is very deceiving, it goes on blue with a purple duochrome. It's the perfect blurple!" 
Ahhh.. perfect, even better than I'd hoped for <3 It really is the perfect blurple.


Notoriously Morbid Mystique
Mystique (Sun)
Notoriously Morbid Mystique
Mystique (Shade)
Mystique: "A deep lush blue with a gorgeous silver sparkle". This shade is amazing - pretty sure I was drooling while swatching this lol. With all of these shades I found a little goes a very long way - super pigmented. 


Notoriously Morbid Stripper Zombie
Stripper Zombie (Sun)
Notoriously Morbid Stripper Zombie
Stripper Zombie (Shade)
Stripper Zombie: "A sour apple green with a gold duochrome and packed with gold sparkle".
This shade took me by surprise, I didn't expect to love it - but then I swatched it... and it instantly became one of my faves of the bunch. This particular shade of green just looks perfect with the gold, and the duochrome effect is really strong. I can see myself using this a lot, might have to get it in a full size.


Notoriously Morbid Lunatic Shrilling
Lunatic Shrilling (Sun)
Notoriously Morbid Lunatic Shrilling
Lunatic Shrilling (Shade)
Lunatic Shrilling: "A dark purple grey with copper sparkles and a copper sheen".
As soon as I saw this I knew I would love it, I really like these sorts of purples, and this shade really came alive in the sun.


Notoriously Morbid Silence
Silence (Sun)
Notoriously Morbid Silence
Silence (Shade)
Silence: "Silence a very dark grey boarding on black except this bad baby has a crap load of sparkles to lighten your eyes!"
Awesome description lol, and pretty accurate too! This shade is quite unique in my collection, and I'm looking forward to trying it as a liner. 




Notoriously Morbid Poisoned Grapes
Poisoned Grapes (Sun)
Notoriously Morbid Poisoned Grapes
Poisoned Grapes (Shade)
Poisoned Grapes: - Limited Edition shade "A gorgeous shiny purple verging on metallic".
A nice solid purple! Definitely one to grab before it disappears.


Notoriously Morbid Goodbye Sweetie
Goodbye Sweetie (Sun)
Notoriously Morbid Goodbye Sweetie
Goodbye Sweetie (Shade)
Goodbye Sweetie: "A gorgeous semi matte white with a golden hue and silver sparkles".
Ooo I really like this one.. really soft and delicate looking. Another one I can imagine using a lot!


Notoriously Morbid Zinthos
Zinthos (Sun)
Notoriously Morbid Zinthos
Zinthos (Shade)
Zinthos: "A dark grey purple with blue and pink sparkles".
I dont feel like this one photographed quite right - it was a bit more purple in person, although it is very dark.

I am so excited about this brand - the quality, wear time and complexity of the shades is stunning, I highly recommend grabbing some samples and trying them for yourself. 

Notoriously Morbid offer three sizes:
Sample Size (generous -  seems similar to Shiro's samples - approx 1/4 teaspoon in bag) - $1.25
Mini Size (1.5 g in jar - this is comparable to other indie full-sizes) - $2.75
Full Size (Completely packed 5g jar - a LOT of product)- $5.50
International shipping is available.

I'm very impressed with this brand so far and I look forward to trying more from them and possibly posting some looks. I already have the Lady Lovely Locks summer collection of mattes on the way :) 

Find Notoriously Morbid on:
Storenvy
Etsy
Facebook - they run some great sales on Fridays which they announce on their facebook page.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post - hope you enjoyed it! Now I'm off to browse NM's site some more and plan my next order :) xxx





3 comments:

  1. Gosh, those are beautiful! I especially love Mystique - I'm a sucker for a teal blue.

    The attention to detail is great - even the logo stickers on the baggies. Definitely checking this company out. Thanks for sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your message - glad you like the post, I'm happy to share my experience with this company, they really are amazing. Mystique is an amazing shade, definitely a great choice! And if you like teal you should check out their charity shade - its called RAINN and its available on their storenvy site. Good luck with your decisions :) xx

      Delete
    2. Oops, its Jupiter Rain, for the charity RAINN :)

      Delete