Friday 4 October 2013

Notoriously Morbid 'Scary Tales' Collection + New Blushes & Lip Balms - Swatches & Review

Hi guys! I have some more Notoriously Morbid swatches to share! I am on a mission to own every shade this company produces in at least sample form :) I would just like to let you know that I've purchased everything myself, I love these products so much that I need to own all the things!

I recently ordered the complete Scary Tales collection, some in sample and some in full size. I love the theme behind this collection, they're all based on fairy tale characters but with a fantastically morbid twist :) Swatches are over pixie epoxy, and I borrowed the descriptions from the Notoriously Morbid store.
Notoriously Morbid Snow Queens Return Swatch
Notoriously Morbid Snow Queens Return Swatch
Snow Queen's Return: "To be used as a highlighter, this ice white shimmer is packed with blue, purple, and silver sparkles."
Oh, how I adore this shade... this is one of those times I want to throw my camera at the wall! It really doesn't come close to picking up the sheer genius that is Snow Queen's Return. I love it.. I've searched for a shade like this one. I am so proud of myself for picking up a full jar, I'm gonna need it! I urge you to go buy it - you can thank me later <3

Notoriously Morbid Snow's Fury Swatch
Notoriously Morbid Snow's Fury Swatch
Snow's Fury: "A dark metallic blue with aqua sparkles."
Another one I picked up a full size of, and again - I'm so happy I did. Such a deep and beautiful shade. Snow White is my favourite fairy tale character, and this shade is definitely worthy!

Notoriously Morbid Cin's Sins Swatch
Cin's Sins: "A unique light bright blue with a slight purple shift and silver sparkle."
Loving the purple shift in this one, and look at the little story Carrie wrote for it: "She poisoned the step family, bludgeoned her Fairy Godmother with a wand and took the Prince's virginity, all in a nights work." Hahaha love it :) 

Notoriously Morbid Lycans Revenge Swatch
Notoriously Morbid Lycans Revenge Swatch
Lycan's Revenge: A dark red orange with golden sparkle.
This one is amazingly pigmented, and such a fantastic shade of red - with that gold sparkle, its just perfection.

Notoriously Morbid Swatches

Notoriously Morbid Belles Bounty Swatch
Notoriously Morbid Belles Bounty Swatch
Belle's Bounty: "A dark metallic gold with gold sparkles."
While gold isn't really my color, I do enjoy having this one in my collection. I feel like its a bit more wearable for me than a lot of golds - its not as bright and a bit more orange toned as what I'm used to seeing. I can almost pick a slight green cast to it in some lights - such a unique shade.

Notoriously Morbid Spiteful Jas Swatch
Notoriously Morbid Spiteful Jas Swatch
Spiteful Jas: "Emerald green with a slight gold shift and golden sparkles."
Why didn't I order this one in full size... *facepalm*. Just... stunning.

Notoriously Morbid Gretels Ghost Swatch
Notoriously Morbid Gretels Ghost Swatch
Gretel's Ghost: "A warm golden gingerbread brown."
Ahh... what a beautiful brown! <-- this is not something you will see very often on this blog, but in this case it needs to be said. Click the pic... make it bigger! You'll see what I mean :)


Savage: "Orange with aqua sparkles"
I've reviewed this one before in this post, but thought I would re-post it with the rest of the set.

Overall, a gorgeous collection full of pigmented and unique shades. I love how easy these are to work with too, I have no troubles blending and no issues with anything looking patchy. All of the above shades besides Snow Queen's Return and Snow's Fury were received in sample bags which I tipped into jars. The sample size is super generous, enough to last quite a few applications. 

And now, onto the blushes! 
Notoriously Morbid are releasing 5 blushes in a collection called 'Ripper's Rogue'. They come in 20 gram jars and contain 4 - 4.5 grams of product. And again Carrie has written some really fun little stories in her descriptions - make sure you check them out.

Notoriously Morbid Blush
Mary Ann's Misery (Left), Annie's Agony (Right)
The jars did come with sealed sifters but... well... I got excited and ripped them open without thinking about taking pics first *slaps hand*. Look at the size of these jars, so much product! I really like the jar style too, nice and easy to work with.
Notoriously Morbid Blush Size

A full size Notoriously Morbid eyeshadow next to a blush to give an idea of the jar size.

Notoriously Morbid Annies Agony Swatch
Notoriously Morbid Annies Agony Swatch
Notoriously Morbid Annies Agony Swatch
Annie's Agony: "A Victorian Pink shimmer with a gold shift."
Lol, loving these names. The gold shift in this is incredibly pretty! I think this one is going to be popular.

Notoriously Morbid MaryAnns Misery Swatch
Notoriously Morbid MaryAnns Misery Swatch\
Notoriously Morbid MaryAnns Misery Swatch\
Mary Ann's Misery: "The perfect mauve shimmer with a red to orange shift."
I love both blushes, but for me this is the one. I've worn it nearly every day since I received it and its just my perfect shade. <3
Notoriously Morbid Coffin Kissers Lip Balm
And finally, the Coffin Kisser lip balms! These instantly appealed to me due to my inexplicable obsession with bats as well as the fun names. These did come sealed also, but yeah... I was excited :P I've tried a few indie lip balms, and Detrivore have always topped my list with their embalming tubes - they're so moisturising and fantastic. The only problem I ever had with them was that they were quite soft, and I've had issues with them kind of.. coming apart on me lol. Well, the coffin kissers are super moisturising like Detrivores, but with a much more stable consistency - and they've now taken my top spot. <-- I'm enjoying the fact that it looks like I've found my one stop indie shop.... if only she would make a primer I'd be all set :) Coffin Kissers are currently available in 3 flavors - 'Rotten Rainbow' (Apricot Sherbert), 'Terrified Mint Tango' (Mint Tangerine) and 'Unidentified Undead' (Unflavored). My fave so far is Terrified Mint Tango, but I hear some fall flavors are coming soon... These are very reasonably priced at only $3 each - I plan on buying a few for Christmas pressies.

Phew! I know when I post about this company its a bit of a rave-fest, but seriously... its just all. so. good. If you haven't tried them yet, I encourage you to at least grab a few samples - just don't blame me when you get hooked ;) I am up to about my 5th order, and don't plan on stopping anytime soon :P At least thats good news for you guys if you enjoy seeing swatches, there are a lot more on the way!

Don't forget to keep an eye on the facebook page for some great specials - you can visit the storenvy store here and the etsy store here. Order processing time for me has always been within a week, and the customer service is great. 

Thankyou for reading, I hope you've enjoyed my post! :) xx

3 comments:

  1. I hope I end up getting Lycan's Revenge, Gretel's Ghost and Savage! Spiteful Jas actually ended up being a much nicer green than I thought it was too! ^^ Annie's Agony is soooo pretty, my wallet is thanking me for not being a blush person right now :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lycan's Revenge is BEAUTIFUL and Annie's Agony is calling to me!

    ReplyDelete