Wednesday 6 November 2013

Notoriously Morbid - Halloween '13 'Bitten' Coffin Set - Swatches & Review

Hi guys! Sorry its been a while since my last post - I've been having a pretty busy couple of weeks. But some things just need to be shown, and the Notoriously Morbid Coffn Set is one of them!!!  I'm not going to lie... I tracked this parcel like a crazy person, and there may have been a fair bit of flailing when it arrived. :D
As a sidenote, I got sidetracked and just spent 30 mins looking at David Tenant gifs. I have no regrets.

Moving on! This is the coffin:
Notoriously Morbid Bitten Halloween Coffin
Eeeee, I know right? Hence the flailing!! It came packaged nice and securely in a big box full of packing peanuts, and all of the jars and the lipbalm were individually sealed. 
Notoriously Morbid Bitten Halloween Coffin
From the Notoriously Morbid site:
"Inspired by the many different faces of Vampire throughout the centuries, Bitten is a special collection that brings together 4 of the most popular ones whether it be a celebration of the vampire, the author, or the actor. Each color was crafted to work well with each other and stand alone."

Notoriously Morbid Bitten Halloween Coffin
The coffin also came with lots of extra halloween goodies - candy, spiders and bats!!!  All of which was snapped up pretty quickly by my 3 kiddies :) My 5 year old son normally tells me that 'eyeshadow mail is boring' - he didn't say it that day :P

Guuuys.. guys. If you didn't pick up this set then I apologise for what you're about to see. This set was limited edition for Halloween and has completely sold out (although at the time of writing this there is one poor lonely little jar of Lugosi left <-- my mind boggles at this, please enlarge the swatch! :P ). I've previously posted swatches of some of these shades but will add them in here as well to make things all nice and neat :D

Notoriously Morbid Lugosi Swatch
Notoriously Morbid Lugosi Swatch
Lugosi: "wine red w/ golden sparkle"
*Please note: this jar pic is from my sample, this is not a pic of the full size jar I received in this set*
This is such an elegant red, and I'm beyond impressed with the application - it goes on so smoothly! Somebody! Snap up that last jar before I buy it as a backup :P


Notoriously Morbid Bram Swatch
Notoriously Morbid Bram Swatch
Bram: "light silver with light blue sheen"
*Please note: this jar pic is from my sample, this is not a pic of the full size jar I received in this set*
Oh Bram.. this one is so ghostly and fantastic. I want to write that this is my favourite of the set, but then I look down and see Orlock... and I'm torn! I don't need to pick a favourite anyway right? :P


Notoriously Morbid Orlock Swatch
Notoriously Morbid Orlock Swatch
Orlock: "dark grey with a blue sparkle"
I was looking forward to this shade, and it did not disappoint. Just, ugh, just.. enlarge the pic, words are failing me to describe how much I love it!



Notoriously Morbid Lioncourt Swatch
Notoriously Morbid Lioncourt Swatch
Lioncourt: "red/copper highlight"
This shade did not want to be photographed. I spent so long trying to capture the red sheen on this one - its so much more obvious in person! Lioncourt is a beautiful highlight color, I think this jar is going to see a lot of use.


Notoriously Morbid Bitten Swatch
Notoriously Morbid Bitten Swatch
Bitten: "black semi-matte with burgundy shimmer and sparkle."
Bitten, Bitten, Bitten... you and your camera-shy ways. Please trust me when I say that the shimmer on this is just beautiful, and much much more apparent in person, as is the gorgeous sparkle.

aaaand the lipbalm:
Notoriously Morbid Coffin Kisser Lip Balm
Bitten Beauty (raspberry mint)
I loooove Notoriously Morbid's lipbalms, they're so moisturising and lovely. This one may have my favourite scent yet!

I know there have been issues with some of the jars people received in this set leaking a little around the top. I personally didn't experience any leakage but there was some product in the threads of the jars (doesn't really bother me personally, it wasn't too much), however Carrie has told me that she received a bad batch of jars, but has since found a new supplier that she is happy with and all products from now on will be in the new jars. 

Notoriously Morbid also released 3 stand-alone shades for Halloween which are still available to purchase until the beginning of December:
Notoriously Morbid Hallowed Ground Swatch
Notoriously Morbid Hallowed Ground Swatch
Hallowed Ground: "Hallowed Ground is a mustard yellow with a purple shift."
Such a fantastically unique color - its not something I would usually choose for myself but at times like this my Pokemon mentality towards Notoriously Morbid (gotta catch em all) really pays off. It ended up being a bit of a surprise favorite for me!


Notoriously Morbid Hallows Eve Swatch
Notoriously Morbid Hallows Eve Swatch
Notoriously Morbid Hallows Eve Swatch
Hallows Eve: "Hallows Eve is a dark blue black based delight with an orange to purple shift and sparkles."
'That one time of year when all of our darkest desires and morbid obsessions can be delightfully enjoyed.' - it is the most wonderful time of the year after all! I'm glad it has a beautiful color shifting chameleon of a color to represent it. :D



Notoriously Morbid Cry Wolf Cry swatch
Notoriously Morbid Cry Wolf Cry swatch
Cry Wolf Cry: "Cry Wolf Cry is a shimmery taupe with a touch of purple sheen and silver sparkles."
This shade is fighting it out with Boe for me in the browns category - obviously that purple sheen wins me over pretty quickly, but even without that this shade is just such a wearable brown - just quietly I think she should make this one permanent :P


So... has Notoriously Morbid lived up to my extremely high expectations with this set?
(This one is for you, Carrie!) :P

I resisted pretty much every other Halloween set that came out this year so that I could buy all the things from Notoriously Morbid, and I couldn't be happier. The time and care that has been spent here with the presentation, the theme and the shades themselves is amazing. It shows that Carrie really enjoys what she is doing, and cares deeply about the quality of the product she is putting out. This company is just perfect, as usual I can't praise them enough. Do yourself a favor and visit the Facebook page here, and the Storenvy here. I have already placed my order for the new 'Save Me' and 'Magical Mystery' collections. I live in hope that my husband doesn't read my blog posts lol. Now I wait eagerly to see what Notoriously Morbid comes up with for Black Friday....

Thanks for reading, hope you're having a great week and enjoyed your Halloween! xx

1 comment:

  1. I. Love. David. Tennant. I just realized that you pretty much got seconds of a few colors but it's nice that you don't mind. I'm seriously in love with Lioncourt; it goes on so beautifully! And ahh, I'm kicking myself again. I remember reading your post about Hallows Eve before, and wanted to get it during the Halloween sale. But after reading the description about sparkles, I held back. WHY? I should have reread your post again :( I did get Cry Wolf Cry though, that one I knew was a must get. I can't wait ;)

    ReplyDelete